1. The Iraq (Sanctions) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (S.I. 2020/707) were made under the Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering Act 2018 (the Sanctions Act) and provide for the freezing of funds and economic resources of certain persons, entities or bodies involved in the former Government of Iraq and its state bodies, corporations or agencies.
2. On 19 January 2021 the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office updated the UK Sanctions List on GOV.UK. This list provides details of those designated under regulations made under the Sanctions Act. A link to the UK Sanctions List can be found below.
3. Following the publication of the UK Sanctions List, information on the Consolidated List has been updated.
The following 2 persons have been removed from the Consolidated List:
1. AL-NAQIB, Zuhair Talib Abd-al-Sattar
DOB: –/–/1948. Nationality: Iraq Other Information: (UK Sanctions List Ref): IRQ0092 (UN Ref): IQi.031 Listed on: 02/07/2003 Last Updated:
31/12/202019/01/2021 Group ID: 7588.
2. AL-UBAIDI, Amir Rashid Muhammad
DOB: –/–/1939. POB: Baghdad, Iraq Nationality: Iraq Other Information: (UK Sanctions List Ref): IRQ0094 (UN Ref): IQi.033 Listed on: 02/07/2003 Last Updated:Link:
31/12/202019/01/2021 Group ID: 7597.