- OFAC adds to cyber, election interference and Ukraine/Russia-related sanctionsEarlier today, OFAC added the following persons: GAYKOVICH, Boris Aleksandrovich, St. Petersburg, Russia; DOB 30 Oct 1977; POB St. Petersburg, Russia; nationality Russia; Gender Male; Passport 649039450 (Russia); National ID No. 4004990741 (individual) [CYBER2] (Linked To: NPP PT OKEANOS, AO). IVANOVA, Elena Nikolaevna (Cyrillic: ИВАНОВА, Елена Николаевна), St. Petersburg, Russia; DOB 07 Nov […]
- Daily Digest for Tuesday, September 22, 2020HKMA Alert: Fraudulent China CITIC Bank websites September 21, 2020: EU. OFSI add 5 to Libya sanctions “Because I said so” – the podcast What FinCEN wants comment on OFAC adds to Venezuela sanctions – and makes updates to Venezuela and Iran designations Time to do your paperwork!
- HKMA Alert: Fraudulent DBS Bank website22 Sep 2020 Fraudulent website related to DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) wishes to alert members of the public to a press release issued by DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited on fraudulent website, which has been reported to the HKMA. Hyperlink to the press […]
- Time to do your paperwork!Reminder for the Annual Report of Blocked Property Release date 09/22/2020 Body On July 1, 2020, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued a recent action notice, reminding holders of property blocked pursuant to OFAC sanctions regulations published in Chapter V of Title 31 of the Code of Federal […]
- OFAC adds to Venezuela sanctions – and makes updates to Venezuela and Iran designationsOFAC added the following people: BENAVIDES RONDON, Williams Jose, Venezuela; DOB 04 Apr 1981; POB Guanipa, Anzoategui, Venezuela; nationality Venezuela; Gender Male; Cedula No. V-15631775 (Venezuela) (individual) [VENEZUELA]. BUCARAN PARAGUAN, Chaim Jose, Calle Ayacucho Cruce con Calle Apure, Casa Nro. 04, Sector Pueblo Nuevo, Anaco, Anzoategui 6003, Venezuela; DOB 16 Aug […]
- What FinCEN wants comment onFrom the recent Advanced Notice of Advanced Rulemaking (ANPRM): Question 1: Does this ANPRM make clear the concept that FinCEN is considering for an “effective and reasonably designed” AML program through regulatory amendments to the AML program rules? If not, how should the concept be modified to provide greater clarity? […]
- “Because I said so” – the podcastNew episode of Mr. Watchlist’s DesigNation was just published. Yes, it’s about the “return of UN sanctions” pronounced by the US State Department, and yesterday’s E.O. Did you notice the change in wording in the designation authorities in the Executive Order? I did… although not the first time. It’s a […]
Categories: Daily Digest