GENERAL LICENSE NO. 20
Authorizing Official Activities of Certain International Organizations Involving Banco Central de Venezuela
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this general license, all transactions and activities prohibited by Executive Order (E.O.) 13850, as amended by E.O. 13857 of January 25, 2019 (“Taking Additional Steps to Address the National Emergency With Respect to Venezuela”)
(E.O. 13850), that are for the official business of the following entities are authorized:
• CAF Development Bank of Latin America
• Fondo Latinoamericano de Reservas
• Inter-American Development Bank
• International Committee of the Red Cross
• International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
• International Monetary Fund
• Organization of American States
• United Nations and its specialized agencies, programs, funds, and related
(b) This authorization automatically renews on the first day of each month, and is valid for a period of 18 months from the effective date of General License No. 20 or the date of any subsequent renewal of General License No. 20, whichever is later.
(c) This general license does not authorize:
(1) The unblocking of any property blocked pursuant to E.O. 13850, or any part of 31 C.F.R. chapter V, except as authorized by paragraph (a); or
(2) Any transactions or dealings otherwise prohibited by E.O. 13850, E.O. 13835 of May 21, 2018, E.O. 13827 of March 19, 2018, E.O. 13808 of August 24, 2017, E.O. 13692 of March 8, 2015, each as amended by E.O. 13857, or any part of 31 C.F.R. chapter V, or any transactions or dealings with any blocked person other than Banco Central de Venezuela.