1. On 26 April 2018, the Council of the European Union adopted Council Regulation (EU) 2018/647 (the Amending Regulation). This amended Council Regulation (EU) 401/2013 (the Regulation) providing for the freezing of funds and economic resources of certain persons, entities and bodies responsible for serious human rights violations in Burma, as well as persons, entities and bodies associated with them.
2. At the date of this Notice, no individuals or entities have been included in Annex IV of the Regulation.
What you must do
3. No further action is required at this time.
4. A copy of the Amending Regulation can be obtained from the website of the Official
Journal of the European Union:
5. Copies of Notices and UK legislation will be obtained from the Burma financial sanctions page on the GOV.UK website:
6. For more information please see our guide to financial sanctions: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/financial-sanctions-faqs