The Export Control Organisation (ECO) has arranged a seminar on export controls relating to the civil nuclear industry, for Thursday 8 June 2017 at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate.
This event will be of particular interest to those involved in:
- the nuclear fuel cycle
- nuclear new builds
- subcontractors and prime contractors in the UK and overseas
- academics and researchers in the nuclear field
- supply chain companies
Topics will include:
- Category 0 nuclear materials, facilities and equipment covered under the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) guidelines for nuclear transfers (part 1)
- Other categories covering items under the NSG guidelines for nuclear transfers of nuclear-related dual-use equipment, materials, software and related technology (part 2)
- Forthcoming changes to the controls
- Provisional presentations from:
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy: the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) for the ‘Iran Nuclear Deal’
- Government to Government Assurances.
- Department for International Trade: opportunities to companies
- Office for Nuclear Regulation: other export and import restrictions
- Industry guest speakers
- Provisional case studies:
- inward investment and export controls
- prime contractors and sub-contractors
- the dangers of leaving export-controls late in a contract negotiation.
- export control considerations of other countries
- And there will be time to liaise with other exporters and government departments.
The cost per delegate is £150.00. Please register interest by contacting Denise Carter for an application form: