The Export Control Organisation (ECO) has arranged a seminar on export controls relating to the civil nuclear industry, for Monday 6 February 2017 at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate. The cost is £150 per person (VAT included).
This event will be of particular interest to those involved in:
- the nuclear fuel cycle
- decommissioning nuclear facilities
ECO is part of the Department for International Trade.
Topics will include:
- Category 0 nuclear materials, facilities and equipment covered under the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) guidelines for nuclear transfers (part 1)
- Other categories covering items under the NSG guidelines for nuclear transfers of nuclear-related dual-use equipment, materials, software and related technology (part 2)
- Forthcoming changes to the controls
- Other government departments will present on the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action(JCPOA) for the ‘Iran Nuclear Deal’ and government to government assurances.
- King’s College London Project Alpha support to industry.
Delegates should have undergone training on strategic export controls and licensing before attending this course. There will be only a brief review of the licensing process. If you need to refresh your knowledge of licences or legislation, please see the latest webinars in Notice to Exporters 2016/15.
Attendees should also be familiar with the current category 0, and passing familiarity with the relevant entries of categories 1, 2, 3 and 6 of the current consolidated list.
Action for exporters
If you’re interested in attending this event, please register using the registration form attached (see bottom of message), and we will send you a short survey to let us know your particular areas of interest.