The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) wishes to alert members of the public to a warning issued by Lippo Securities Limited (Lippo) on its website about suspected fraud by people impersonating Lippo staff who ask victims to transfer money into accounts falsely claimed to be related to Lippo for investments.
A hyperlink to the warning is available here: http://www.lipposec.com/customer-service/fraud-warning.
The SFC is looking into the matters.
Anyone who suspects that they have been deceived by people impersonating Lippo staff should report the matter to the Cyber Security and Technology Crime Bureau of the Hong Kong Police Force at 2860 5012; and the SFC by doing one of the followings:
- completing an online complaint form;
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- writing to us at SFC, 35/F, Cheung Kong Center, 2 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong;
- faxing a report to 2524 3718; or
- calling us on 2231 1222 (press 5 after selecting your preferred language) to arrange an appointment to meet our staff.