Notice to Exporters 2016/17: book early for popular Cyber Export Control seminar
The Export Control Organisation (ECO) has arranged for a second Cyber Export Control seminar, to take place on 24 November 2016.
Topics will include:
- Category 5 Part II ‘information security’ Wassenaar Arrangement based controls and decontrols.
- Category 5 Part I surveillance and Category 4 intrusion aspects.
- Forthcoming changes to the controls.
- CESG (information security arm of GCHQ) and Foreign & Commonwealth Office Cyber team will attend this event.
You should have already completed training on licences and strategic export controls generally before attending this course. There will be only a brief review of the licensing process. If you need to refresh your knowledge of licenses or legislation please see the latest webinars in Notice to Exporters 2016/15.
Attendees should also be familiar with the current Category 4 and 5 Lists of the Wassenaar Arrangement’s Dual-Use Goods and Technologies (WA-LIST (15)).
ECO anticipates high demand for places at this event. Attendance will be restricted to:
- 2 persons per exporting company (or entity)
- 1 person per consultant/legal company in the first instance, with a reserve list for extra places, if available.
To register for this event, please complete the attached registration form (Application Form May-December 2016) and return it to:
Export Control Organisation
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
1 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0ET