Notice to Exporters 2015/23: MOD Form 680 ‘surgeries’ this autumn – book your place
1. The MOD Form 680 is a security procedure, used to assess the release of equipment or information with a classification of Official-Sensitive or above by companies to foreign entities.
2. If you manufacture equipment, or share information, that can be used for military purposes then you may need a MOD Form 680 as well as a subsequent export licence.
3. If you are unsure, or just want some advice, the Arms Control and Counter Proliferation team in the Ministry of Defence is offering you the opportunity to visit and discuss your requirements in a series of surgeries. You will be able to talk with an adviser in a secure and confidential environment.
4. Attending these two-hour surgeries before applying will help to ensure that MOD Form 680 advisers receive the correct information in the first place – saving everyone’s time.
5. There is no charge for attendance.
Action for exporters
6. Please book a slot from the dates below:
Wednesday 9 September 2015, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 23 September 2015, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 7 October 2015, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 21 October 2015, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 4 November 2015, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
7. Venue: Surgeries will be take place in the Ministry of Defence, Main Building, Whitehall, London, SW1A 2AH.
9. If you cannot make any of those dates, please make contact and we will see if we can arrange a suitable alternative or arrange to visit your establishment.
10. Read more about MOD Form 680.
“Surgeries”? Mr. Watchlist is confused… maybe it's like a “post mortem”?