DFAT is proposing changes to the Iranian autonomous sanctions program, and is soliciting public comment through May 10th. The text of the proposed changes are on DFAT's site for your review.
- You won't be able to import, purchase, or transport Iran's natural gas
- You won't be able to send (export, transfer, sell) the following to Iran:
- Graphite, raw and semi-finished metals
- Naval equipment
- Vessels that can be used for the storage or transport of natural gas, petroleum or petrochemical products
- “software for integrating industrial processes”
- You won't be able to help Iran with flagging or classification of its oil tankers or other cargo vessels
- You won't be able to build or assist in the building of oil tankers for Iran, its people, corporate entities or governmental agencies
If you don't read them and give your input, you don't really have a right to complain afterwards – this is what a representative democracy and freedom of speech is all about.